Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Today I didn't get as much accomplished as I wanted. The day just got away from me. It has turned really cool, with freeze warnings for the area tonight. burrrrrrr....

Megan has been after me for several days to make some boiled cookies, so tonight I gave in and made them. I don't like to make them because when I do, I eat to many!!! Tonight I had three. I am going to forget that they are here and NOT HAVE ANYMORE! What are boiled cookies, you ask? Well, only the best of chocolate and peanut butter mixed together...yummmmmy!
Boiled Cookies
2 cups sugar
1 stick butter
4 TBS cocoa
( I use liquid hersey syurp, about 6 or 7 squirts)
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup milk
bring these ingredients to a boil for 4 minutes
then remove from heat and add
1/2 cup peanut butter
2 1/2 cups dry oatmeal
Stir together until well mixed and quickly spoon onto wax paper of foil.
Allow to cool and harden
Eat and enjoy
Makes about 22 cookies
This is my Mawmaw's recipe. She use to make these when we were kids and I just loved them. Still do, but I don't make them much anymore because I just can't stop with one, or two, or three, or.........Sometimes I could eat a whole batch. And I wonder why I need to lose 40 pounds!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails