Monday, November 12, 2007

Menu Plan Monday



Well my menu plan Monday isn't going as well as I had hoped. I still don't have the week figured out. Not because of a lack of ideas, just a little laziness on my part and sick kiddo's on top of it. So here's what I have so far.

Sunday: Tuscana soup and garlic bread

Monday: Sub sandwiches with left over Tuscana soup and I made the most wonderful (if I do say so myself) Apple crisp. The recipe will be at the end of this post.

Tuesday: Braised cajun chicken breast with
cheese and spinach tortellini and a veggie

Wednesday: Smoked Tuna quesadilla's with tortilla chips and salsa dip

Thursday: I have to work and it is also MY BIRTHDAY! So I am
NOT COOKING!

Friday: Red Beans and Rice with sausage and cornbread

Saturday: Something in the slow cooker with left overs on Sunday.

Deidre's Apple Crisp

4 cups apple slices, peeled

1 tablespoon lemon juice

1/3 cup all-purpose flour

1 cup oats, rolled (raw)

1/2 cup brown sugar, packed

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon cinnamon

1/2 cup butter (one stick melted)

1 teaspoon vanilla

1/4 cup caramel sauce

1/4 cup chopped walnuts

Peel and slice apples into small chunks and place in glass baking dish
Cover the slices with the lemon juice.
Mix dry ingredients together except for walnuts
and pour over apple chunks.
Melt butter and add vanilla and pour evenly over the dry ingredients.
Top with chopped walnuts
Bake at 375 degrees for 35-40 minutes
Drizzle caramel topping over top and eat warm.

I must have really been craving something that was in this, because I thought it was delicious! Even my picky eaters thought it tasted good. This is definately a keeper for us. I had some apples that needed to be eaten and I was craving something like granola or nutty/crunchy/gooey so I just redid an old recipe for Apple Crisp. Try it and let me know how it turns out for you.

If you want any more ideas for Menu Plan Monday click on the MPM photo at the top of the post and view what lots of others are doing this week.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails