Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Decision '08

As you can see from my sidebar, I haven't decided who I am going to support in the presidential election. But when you think about it, we still have 11 months to make a decision. Is it me, or does it seem like this presidential election cycle started much earlier than the previous years? Maybe I just didn't pay that much attention before. Of course, my choice will be a Republican, not just because I am a registered republican and have voted that way from the beginning, but because most republicans are more in line with my beliefs on the issues. Being that I live in Arkansas and I was here during part of Mike Huckabee's time a Governor, I favor him because I feel he did a great job in the state of Arkansas. I like that he is a Christian and puts his faith in God first and makes decisions based on those beliefs. He isn't afraid to stand for something. He is conservative and comes closer to the values that I hold dear, than any other candidates. Fred Thompson on the other hand, is also a republican, from the same town in Tennessee that my husband is from, and is conserative also. I liked him in the Senate, I like the sound of his voice, he sounds presidential, and I must admit, I loved him as Authur Branch on Law and Order. When I watched TV that was one of my favorite shows. I know those things seem superficial comparied to the issues, but gut feelings and personal feelings account for something also. I know you don't elect a president on those things alone, but it is a start. I have a leaning toward Huckabee and Thompson, so over the next few months I will continue to watch and read more about each candidate and make an informed decision before casting my ballot.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails