Saturday, May 9, 2009

The Dog Days of...Spring?

This week we celebrated Cinco de Mayo by having Tacos, Enchiladas and Spanish rice. I didn't get a shot of a taco, but I'm pretty sure we have all seen one!




Noah has enjoyed spending time in the back yard, playing around and just exploring like little boys do. I hear him out there just talking and singing.



The other day I saw him in the back yard lying in the grass with Sadie lying at his side. By the time I got my camera and took a shot, I was spied by both of them. In the quiet of the day, the camera clicks were loud enough to be heard across the yard.







I woke early this morning. Andrew had an 8:00 tee time on the golf course and left around 7:00. I slipped out and sat on the front porch, listening to the birds serenade me as I ate my morning bagel with cream cheese. I actually finished breakfast and was reading a magazine when I heard Noah calling me from inside the house. He joined me on the porch for a time and when he threw a ball into my Gerbera daisies and one broke off, we brought it in and put it in a bottle vase.

Above is a photo of the original daisy.

Below is what it looked like after I photoshop-ed it. I am just getting use to using photoshop and don't know a lot about it yet. I like the look of these so I ordered the four prints. I plan to frame each in a simple black frame and arrange them in a grouping and put them on the wall in "my space" in our bonus room. I want to add some color splash to the area and since it is mostly a functional space and doesn't offer much in the way of style, I thought these would be a great addition.

I know it isn't an original idea, I have seen these in stores before. But the difference is, these are self made. I grew the flowers, took the photo and edited it myself. Adding this to a creative space should be a bit of self-produced inspiration at a minimal cost.







No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails