Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The way to a women's heart...This one anyway...

The last few days have been pretty busy ones, filled with unpacking, cleaning, and trying to figure out where to put everything. We are about a third of the way done. There are empty, broken down boxes stacked up in the living room.


There are boxes full of packing paper that need to be hauled off somewhere, anywhere but in my living room.


Never mind that there is also a "wild" horse in here also.


This stack will greet anyone who dares to enter into the front door.

Here is my laundry closet. Not real exciting, right?



I have always dreamed of having a big laundry room, with lots of cabinets for storage. Places to hang clothes to dry, and maybe even an area for a craft table. I guess you could say, I was looking for a place to call my own. You know how it is, you have a family in a house, and everyone has a space of their own except for Mom. Well unless you count the kitchen, and really how comfortable can you get in a kitchen?

The kids each have a room to go into and do their thing. Andrew always has a garage that he can fix up, and spend time piddling around. He usually ends up with a TV area in there where he can watch the game. That's because we all complain so much about his obsession with football, but I digress...

Where can I go to just be alone and enjoy reading or crafting without being disturbed? No where, and certainly not in my current laundry "closet."

With all of this in mind, I am still pretty jazzed about my laundry area...no not because of the space itself, but because of what occupies that space...


No, not the dirty clothes in the basket that need to be washed. But the machines themselves. Aren't they a beaut? I love front load washers. They are the best. Andrew had this pair waiting for me when I got here. Isn't he something? Not exactly diamonds, but what good are diamonds anyway? Diamonds aren't practical, and can't do a thing for you when you need clean clothes...

I've never been interested in jewelry anyway, but these babies really are the way to my heart...no they aren't those great new trendy colors that everyone is clamoring for, but they are white; timeless...when that great aqua green colored washer goes the way of the 70's gold kitchen, I will still have my great white machines...

And this white goes with everything...
Even after Labor Day!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails