Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Neglectful

A weed is but an unloved flower.
Ella Wilcox, 1855 - 1919

Yes, the last few days I have been neglectful of this blog. I have been somewhat busy, but mostly there hasn't been much going on worth writing down here. Well nothing that anyone would really be interested in hearing or reading, should I say.

Today we made our first trip to the local library. Yes, I am getting slack. We've been here a month and I just made my way there to get a library card. That was usually one of the first trips I would make when moving to a new place. The library we chose was a small one, and a bit on the warm side. I sure hope they run the air conditioners during the summer, because if it is always that hot, I won't be going often.

Over the weekend we did work around the house. I went to Lowe's and bought some plants for the planters on the porch and got those planted. We visited another church. It is our second to try out since coming here. We will go back tomorrow night and again Sunday. Then we will probably try another one or two before deciding which one to make our home church.

Thursday I go back to the doctor to have that biopsy. I will be glad to get that over. I have tried again this week to put it out of my head. Just continue to say a prayer for me.

Well, like I said, not much going on to write home about. It sure is hot here. I was hoping it would be somewhat cooler here than Louisiana, Texas, Arkansas...but we have had quite the warm spell lately and I have to say, it is pretty warm here. Probably not as humid as Louisiana and south Texas, but boy heat is heat...and it has been hot. We are suppose to get some storms the end of the week and the weekend, so maybe that will bring cooler weather.

I have to end here. I am talking about the weather! That shows how little I have going on right now. Sorry, I will try to come up with something better than discussing the weather conditions for my next post.



Today's Thoughts






Sit quietly, doing nothing, spring comes, and the grass grows by itself


~ A Zen Saying~






Life is like a taxi. The meter just keeps a-ticking whether you are getting somewhere or just standing still


~Lou Erickso~








For a long time it had seemed to me that life was about to begin--real life. But there was always some obstacle in the way, something to be gotten through first, some unfinished business, time still to be served, a debt to be paid. Then life would begin. At last it dawned on me that these obstacles were my life


~Alfred D. Souza~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey!!! I'm home, still have the crud everyone else has had and can't hear out of my right ear. But....other than that I guess we're ok. I don't know which day I'll be going back to Mama's. I have to get my drivers license renewed this year and I hate that office!!! They are slow......Any way I'll talk to you later.
Love ya!!
Susan

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails