Friday, April 10, 2009

Easter Time

With the move and all that has been involved, I had forgotten Easter was upon us. Easter time is usually filled with shopping for new outfits for Sunday church on Easter and dying eggs. In years gone by it was also filled with Easter egg hunts at church and then several times afterwards for the kids at home.

The girls are older now, and Noah doesn't really know that much about Easter. This year, since we just moved and haven't found a church to attend yet, we didn't do any special shopping for new outfits, and I really haven't given the much thought to plans for the day. I did buy a small precooked, pre-cut ham to serve along with either dirty rice or cornbread dressing and some veggies.

I am sure that we will also dye a few eggs just for the sake of the memories and then I will use them next week as deviled eggs or egg salad. More than likely we will buy some plastic eggs to hide, because it is just easier than dealing with trying to hid and find real eggs.

I do know that I will talk to the kids about Easter and why we celebrate Easter and will read from the Bible about Jesus' Crucifixion and His Resurrection.

We will miss Lauren, and wish she were here with us. But I am glad to know that she is in a safe place and has people around her that care about her. I am also thankful that she has a wonderful church to attend on Easter and every week that teaches and stands for truth.

So, what are your plans for Easter? Do you have any special traditions that you follow every year? Certain foods you prepare? Whatever you are doing on this special day, may God bless you and surround you with His love and draw you into a closer relationship with Him.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails