Friday, February 27, 2009

Flying around up there...

I found this really great article today while browsing around on the net. I thought the analogy to flying and landing the plane was great. I agree, sometimes I just want to vent with Andrew, I don't want him to solve the problem, or offer me solutions to the issue. I usually know the answer to the situation, but I just want someone to listen. I just want to get it off my chest and move on. But like most men, he feels it is his responsibility to solve the problem. So I let him read this article and told him that from now on when I come to him and start telling him about a problem or being to complain about something, he should ask me if I need help landing the plane or do I just want to fly around up there for a while.

The other issue he brings up in the article has to do with believers who think you don't have the victory in your life because you have sorrow, or your feeling low. Sometimes we just have hurtful things to face in life, and some things you just can't jump up the next day and say "thank you God for sending me this trouble, I count it all joy to be going through this trial". Sometimes we have to have time to wallow around and feel the sorrow or feel the grief. It doesn't mean we aren't good Christians, or that we have lost our faith, it just means we aren't denying what we are feeling and what we are going through.

Follow this link to read Is Sorrow A Sin? by Tony Woodlief at WorldMag.com.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails