Friday, February 20, 2009

John C. Campbell Folk School...

Look what I found!





Click on the link above to see what an incredible place this is. And the great thing is, it is in North Carolina!! I so want to go here. I would love to go to so many of their classes! In fact, I would love to live near here and go all the time!!! Wouldn't it be so awesome to work in a place like this? Wow...



I ordered the catalog and have enjoyed just reading through it. In August they offer a weekend class called Learn to Play the Mountain Dulcimer.





I have a moutain dulcimer that I bought for myself when I was pregnant with Noah. We went to the Folk Festival in Mt View, Arkansas and I bought a dulcimer made there by McSpadden. I had always planned to take lessons, but you know how plans go astray. I have always loved the sound of the mountain dulcimer. I would love to go to this weekend to learn the basics of playing the dulcimer. Hopefully I will get to go.

This is similar to the one I have.

There are so many things I would love to go there to learn. I think this would be the greatest way to spend a vacation or even a weekend.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails