Wednesday, April 16, 2008

A Beautiful Day

It is shaping up to be a beautiful day. It is going to be sunny and in the low 70's. Just my kind of day! I need the sunshine!

Yesterday I bought some plants and soil to place in the planter that I posted about yesterday. I plan to get out and do the planting today. By the time I got in yesterday, I only had time to dig up some of the plants that were coming back up from previous plantings. And I broke up the soil so I could add the new potting soil today and plant.

Andrew got the yard mowed and Noah enjoyed playing outside for a little while. Today I am going to blow up his big bouncy-jump and slide. I want to get him an outdoor swing set like this one. I know he would enjoy it. Hey, I think I would like it too!

Megan is still at my Mom's. We are going to meet next week and spend a couple days in a hotel. Kind of a mini-vacation. I have a few things planned to do just for fun. She isn't ready to come home yet, but wants to see us. So we thought it would be fun to just get away for a couple of days. I told her she could come home now and go back later, or stay until I go back to La in a couple of weeks to get my hair done. She said she wanted to go stay longer and come back when I go back down to get my hair permed. I was wanting to get it done before the end of May. The reason I haven't yet, I was waiting until it got closer to summer to have it done. So it will be fresh for the hot humid summer!

I ordered part of my dress for Daphne's wedding the other day. I have to go back and order some fabric to have a top made. I haven't decided for sure if I am going to do just a simple princess top or if I am going to do a tank style with a jacket. I am looking for patterns that I like. The colors are Dahlia and Cabernet. The skirt is a long trumpet style in Cabernet. But they don't have the tops in the Dahlia, so that is why I am ordering the fabric to have one made.

Well, I need to get going on the day. It is already 7:30 and I have lots to do today. I will post photo's of the planter after I finish planting.

Today Quotes
Spring is nature's way of saying, "Let's party!"
~Robin Williams~
The first day of spring is one thing, and the first spring day is another. The difference between them is sometimes as great as a month.
~Henry Van Dyke~

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails