Thursday, April 3, 2008

Obessions

Is it just me or what? I find a food that I love, and that is all I ever want to eat. I eat it every day until I can't stand it any longer and I never want to eat it again... Well, not quite. But I do want to eat it every day. For instance; I started changing the way I ate back in November so I could lose weight for my best friends wedding this coming October. So far, I have lost 20 pounds, but want to lose 20 more. Somehow, I have hit the wall, and it isn't coming off anymore. So when the weather gets better, I plan to get out and get moving!! But I digress...


Although I have never eaten apples much in my life, I was more of a banana kind of gal, I started eating cut up apples with fat free caramel dip. And I fell in love. I eat them every day!! I love the organic granny smith ones!

I have always loved couscous, but I started fixing whole wheat couscous and topping it with sauteed crab meat. Well it is actually crab classics, which is crab and other seafoods flavored like crab, but it is reasonably priced and a fairly good substitute when you can't buy crab everyday! Anyway, I sautee the "crab" meat and season it with garlic, black pepper, and Tony's. Hey, I am from Louisiana, Tony's goes on everything. For those of you who have yet to experience Tony's well check it out.

So I sautee the crab and then put it over the top of the couscous!! Wow! Talk about great! I want it nearly everyday! The flavors of the seafood, mixed with the textures of the couscous! An unbeatable combination in my book. Of course, I could live off seafood!
The photo just doesn't do it justice.
Another food obsession I have developed is fat free vanilla yogurt, I use Dannon Lite and Fit, mixed with granola, (I like Back to Nature organic Cherry Vanilla granola), mixed with fresh blueberries. Put it all in a bowl and stir...YUMMY! And good for you. Then there is the Kefir... I get Lifeway lowfat. I like the blueberry flavor and pomegranate flavor. I drink about a cup a day. It help clean out the pipes, if you know what I mean. It is healthy, good for you and since I am lactose intollerent, I get my calcium from yogurt and kefir. I want to get kefir grains and make my own, but I haven't gotten that far yet.
What food obsessions do you have? I would love to hear them. Gotta go, that bowl of couscous and crab is calling my name, then I think I will have an apple with some caramel.....

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails