Monday, January 7, 2008

New Year, New Me!

Yes, I am working on the new year, new me plan. I am currently 15 pounds down. My goal was to have lost 15 pounds by the end of '07 but I was only 14 pounds down when we celebrated the new year. I was thrilled to be that close to my goal. I weighed Friday and I had reached the goal of 15 pounds lost. My larger goal is to lose 40 pounds all together. So 15 down and 25 to go. But I do feel great about where I am and where I am headed. I didn't gain over the holiday's, I was careful about what I ate, and didn't stuff or over eat. Like I said in an early blog last year, my very dear friend, Daphne, is getting married October 11, 2008 and she has asked me to be her matron of honor. I am very happy to do so. But I didn't want to be fat in a brides-maid dress. So that spurred me to get a move on it an lose weight. Not that I didn't want to before, but sometimes it takes something like an event where you will see people you haven't seen in years, to spur you on to do what you know you should be doing anyway. So I started immediately on the weightloss journey. So far so good! My goal is to lose an additional 5 pounds in January and another 5 in Feburary. That will leave the final 15 toward my 40 pound goal. I know as you get closer to the goal, it gets harder. By March, the weather will be better and I can get out and walk and exercise.
My 20th wedding anniversary is in August, so I hope to have reached the goal by then. I told my husband that if I have lost the 40 pounds by our anniversary, then I would only be 20 pounds heavier than when we married.(I was 105!) So that would mean I had put on a pound for each year of marriage! LOL! So, I am sure you figured the numbers out. At my heaviest I was 165 and now I am 150. I am trying to get to 125 at least. After I lose the weight, I am changing the way I eat and the way my family eats. When I go back to "regular" eating, I am going to change the way we eat and the way I cook. I am going to bring in more fruits and veggies and cut the processed foods out. I know that will be hard for my kids, but I know it will definately be better for all of us. It will take more planning and more cooking, but I know that we are definately worth the effort. And when the weather is better, we can get out an be more active as a family.
Andrew and I are talking about training for a half marathon. I don't want to start training in the cold weather, so we will wait until the weather is better and then find a half marathon somewhere that we can participate in. There is one here, but it is to soon. We can't be ready by then. However, they do have a 5K we could be ready for, maybe. But getting out and starting, and moving toward a goal is great for now.

Well, gotta go, Tae Bo is calling my name. And I am meeting a friend for lunch at 11:30. Gotta dash for now.

Thoughts for Today
" If you change your mind, you can change your life."
~William James
Every achiever I ever met says, "My life turned around when I began to believe in me."
~Robert Schuller

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails