Thursday, May 29, 2008

More Goodwill hunting...



I was at Goodwill again the other day. They get shipments on Friday's, so I usually try to hit them on Friday and walk around while they unload all the loot. Just hoping to be the first to happen upon a treasure. So when I walked up to go inside the other day, this piece caught my eye. It was sitting there, in plain view, in the window for everyone to see. But no one was looking at it. Of course, it intrigued me to no end. When I walked inside and begin to inspect it, I realized that it wasn't actually an old piece, but a new piece made to look old. And the price was $15.50. So I left it. Before leaving the store, I walked back over to it and looked it over again. But $15.50! It was more than I usually allow for one item, unless it is something really grand. I mean come on, it is Goodwill after all. A place of bargins and low prices. And I really didn't need this, Truthfully, I didn't even know what it was actually. For that matter, where I would put it, or what I would do with it. So I went home empty handed.




But it kept calling to me...I searched the internet trying to find something like it. But I had no clue what it was called, or what it was used for except to look interesting.




I finally gave in and drove back to the store, and there it was, still waiting in the window. No one else even seemed interested in it. But I was on a mission. It was to be mine. So I bought it. Paid $15.50 and carried it home. Now that it is here, I still don't know what to do with it, or how best to use such a piece. So if anyone out there has a suggestion, please I need some suggestions. If you know what it's called or what it could be used for, I need to know. I need to be able to justify giving $15.50 for---something---that I don't know how to use. So for now, it sits high atop my hutch along with a variety of baskets, large and small, waiting to be useful, waiting for me to understand why I was so attracted to it, why I needed to pay $15.50 to bring it home with me.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails