Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Tuesday's Happenings

Yesterday I took Noah to the doctor. He has had allergy problems for a couple of weeks. I was giving him claritin, but it didn't seem to be helping much. He developed a congested cough and started spitting and choking up junk. She said that he had developed a sinus infection and gave him some medicine to take. Hopefully he will be feeling better soon.

After the dr's visit, I brough Noah home and let Lauren keep him while Megan and I ran to the Farmer's Market. We drove the Jeep with the top off inspite of the threat of rain. (more on the jeep later). There is a man that goes to our church that has a large area at the market. I usually buy from him when he has something I want. Yesterday he didn't have any fig preserves so I had to get them from someone else. I just love fig preserves. It reminds me of my childhood. We use to have a fig tree and I would climb into it and pick the figs and my Granny would make preserves from them. Although the ones I get at the market are no where as good as my Granny's were, they are good enough.

This is my haul from yesterday's market visit. I cooked the blackeyed peas for supper with some mini cornbread muffins and I battered and fried up the crook neck squash. I also cut up some Richard's hot sausage links I bought when I went to Louisiana last week. I know it wasn't as healthy a meal as I need to be eating, but boy was it good! Just good ole' country cooking like my Mawmaw use to do. She lived to be almost 94, so it couldn't have been a bad way to eat!!




I plan to cook the green beans and the new potatoes together like my Mawmaw use to do and make a creamy sauce in them. Of course the fig preserves will be eaten on toast. And I am looking at a zucchini souffle recipe that I want to try.


All this talk of food is making me hungry!





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails