Monday, May 19, 2008

I made yogurt!

I made yogurt yesterday! I used the yogurt makers on a batch of goat milk yogurt. I just placed them in the fridge to chill, so I can't wait to try it!
Thursday the kids and I went 25 miles or so north of us to a U-Pick Strawberry patch to pick some delicious strawberries! We had a great day. You won't see Lauren in any of the photos because she was the self appointed photographer. That kept her from actually having to pick strawberries! Noah is learning the fine art of strawberry pickin!

Here he is trying to decide whether he wants to pick or eat them!

Beautiful summer bounty


"I helped my mom pick strawberries...."




Lost in the strawberry patch





Here I am!






It started to drizzle rain, so we had to call it a day on the strawberry picking. Noah is taking an antibiotic for his sinus infection, so I figured we better keep from getting wet.




"Wow! Can I drive the tractor?"


After leaving the strawberry patch we drove a little further north to visit Ms Karen at Calm and Gentle Farm to get some fresh goat milk.
Noah was trying to catch the horse so he could ride, but the horse had other ideas!


Instead he decided to try to befriend the baby goats.

Farmer Noah on the prowl



How precious!

After getting our milk we said good bye to Ms Karen and the goats and headed home to enjoy the strawberries. Here are a few that made it home!


Megan about to enjoy the sweet, fresh fruits of her labor!

We had a great day and are now enjoying the strawberries and milk. I used the milk to make my first batch of homemade yogurt. I can't wait to taste it topped with the fresh strawberries...
Yummy, summer is such a delicious time of year!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails