Monday, May 26, 2008

Sickie weekend...


Well it is official...I feel like Cr*p! I don't normally use that word in my everyday speech, and as you can see, I couldn't bring myself to spell it out. I suppose it goes back to my upbringing. When I was growing up words like that weren't used in our home. We weren't allowed to say things like ain't or shut-up. They were considered curse words in our home. So it still rubs me the wrong way when I hear someone say something like that. But that is the best description of how I feel this morning that I could express.

It all started out as allergies, I suppose. Noah and I both were sufferning from seasonal allergies and then it turned into sinus, and sinus infection. I suppose mind did also, I took him to the dr and continued to self treat myself. The dr put him on an antibiotic. After a few days, he broke out into a rash! An allergy to penicilin! So he was taken off the antibiotic and put on Zyrtec, with instruction to bring him back if he wasn't better after the weekend. Well he isn't and I am definately not either! He started running a fever again and feeling like me Cr*ppy! So much for a holiday weekend.

We were suppose to go to Tennessee the weekend to a family reunion. But events that took place a Andrew's work prevented us from going. He had to go in and work some today. They are trying to get this job finished and have a deadline to meet. So people had to work over the weekend to get it done. He had to go in today to make sure it got done and to direct the next steps in the process.

I have to say, that due to the way I feel and the way I assume Noah feels, it was for the better that we were home over the weekend. It is bad being sick, but worse being sick and away from home! Or having to travel while sick!

So, unless something changes drastically today, Noah will go back to the dr tomorrow and try another antibiotic to rid himself of this infection. And I suppose I may break down and go to the dr also. I don't think I can deal with this much longer. I just hate going to the dr...it makes being sick even worse to have to go to the dr's office, sit and wait; because you always have to sit and wait, and wait, and wait!!! Then to have to go to the pharmacy and wait for the meds. Not only that, but you are around other sick people when your immune system is at its lowest. So not only do you have what you originally went to the dr to get treatment, but you now bring home germs from other illnesses! Now your germs are throwing a party and inviting all manner of germs into your home! Maybe that's just me and my phobic tendencies!

Anyway, I suppose today will be spent just hanging around the house taking meds every few hours and feeling like, well you know what!
Hope everyone has a safe Memorial Day!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails