Thursday, June 4, 2009

Yin and Yang

You know it is funny how the Yin and Yang of life works. Last week I had a really bad day. I won't even being to explain, but this week, well this week has been the yang to last weeks yin. It is as though God is balancing out things. Even though I know that isn't the way things go...But I am thankful for the yang of this week...and I give Him the glory for it.



Curves is still great...I have been tired this week. I haven't been sleeping well, staying up to late and getting up to early. But the workouts have been great. I didn't go yesterday, I felt I needed a day to let my body rest. But this morning I hit it early. I found my old Billy Blanks Tae Bo tape and worked out with it. However, I was doing more marching in place than I use to have to do, but it felt good to do the workout. Then this evening when Andrew got home I ran to Curves for a workout. I do have to say I am tired, but feel good.



Went into town today and did a little mall shopping. I really don't like the mall, but there are times when you just can't get some things anywhere else. It wasn't to bad; the kids are still in school here and working people were, well, working...so there weren't to many people running around. That is the best time to go. I don't even attempt to go on a weekend or in the evening. It is just way to crowded and crazy.



Saturday is Megan's birthday. I can't believe that she will be fourteen! Wow! Time sure flies. I remember so well when I was pregnant with her and how she decided she wasn't ready to be born and I had to go home and come back a week later to be induced for the second time. Finally she made her entrance into the world. Now she is 14! And taller than I am!!



In two weeks Lauren will be coming for a visit. I can't wait to see her. It has been way to long!

She flies in one day and we are leaving the next to go on vacation. We want to go to the Outer Banks, and Andrew wants to go to DC. So we are going to DC then back down to the Outer Banks for a few days.



Well that's all I have for today. I have a couple of books waiting on me upstairs; French Women Don't Get Fat by Mireille Guiliano, and A Weekend to Change Your Life: Find Your Authentic Self After a Lifetime of Being All Things to All People by Joan Anderson. If you haven't read her books, I suggest you do. Here is her web site that list all of her books in this series of books for women. I am still trying to get her newest one; The Second Journey. I guess I will have to order it. I got a 15% off coupon from Barnes and Noble today, so maybe I will use it for that.

Oh and I have a new obsession: Nova Scotia...I told Andrew the other day, Nova Scotia is our next "just the two of us" destination...
Have you seen the place? Wow! The beauty is amazing. And haven't you always wanted to go to the Bay of Fundy ever since 5th grade when you learned that there was actually such a place?
Check out their web site, and see if you don't fall in love... I suppose I have some Acadian roots there, and maybe some Scottish ancestry came through there as well...maybe that ancient familial connection is drawing me there...Nah, probably just the beauty of the place...
Goodnight to all...

Today's Thoughts
All of life is a journey which paths we take, what we look back on, and what we look forward to is up to us. We determine our destination, what kind of road we will take to get there, and how happy we are when we get there
~unknown~
There is no better time than right now to be happy.Happiness is a journey, not a destination.So work like you don't need money. Love like you've never been hurt, and, Dance like no one's watching
~unknown~
A person is just about as happy as they make up their minds to be...
~unknown~

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails