Friday, June 19, 2009

Victoria Magazine love...


Have you seen the new Victoria magazine? I use to subscribe to the magazine years ago, but they went out of business. I have kept all of my old magazines and still enjoy looking back through them at times.

Well last year I got a card in the mail; how they found me after all these years and different addresses I have had I will never know; but they were inviting me to come back for their all new Victoria Magazine. I didn't, however, I look at them on the newsstand and I am so tempted to buy one, just to see if it is as good as before.

Today while standing in the check-out line at Food Lion, I saw the July/August issue and I had to have it. So I bought it, and I am only one quarter of the way into it and I am in love...

Of course I am a sucker for anything beach-y and coastal related. This issue grabbed me with the beautiful blues, greens and sand colors on the front...
Oh, I do wish we were going to the beach for our vacation. Those long lazy days playing in the sand and surf...showering at the end of the day in the cool spray of water as you feel the burn of the sun on your shoulders...Dressing in a gauzy cotton dress that swishes around your legs and then going to a restaurant with an outdoor eating area while a local band plays, and enjoying the freshest of seafood for supper...

I want to retire by the beach...in a little cottage along the shore. I want to wake early before sun rise and walk along the beach. I want to search for daily treasures to bring back to the cottage and decorate in an authentically beach decor...I want to dine on seafood everyday...I want to play in the sand and feel the rush of the tide swirl about my feet. I want to walk out of my door and feel and smell the salty spray of water off of the ocean...This is my dream!
Thank you Victoria magazine for reminding me of the incredible wonders of being at the beach...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails