Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Tuesday's Tidbits

Not a whole lot to blog about, or at least not a lot I feel like blogging about. I think I am in a writing slump...just haven't been moved on to write anything lately.

Trying to get ready for Lauren's arrival on Saturday. Doing a little house cleaning and rearranging so she will have a place to put her stuff.

Also planning our vacation. I am trying to find hotels and make our itinerary. We are doing a two cities tour. We are going to DC for a few days and then on up to NYC for a couple of days. Since our time is limited to only a week, we are choosing just the things that we really want to see while in both places. We aren't going to try to take it all in. So I am working our list down to a manageable amount of sightseeing.

Last week I went to the farmer's market and bought some veggies. Last night I made a wonderful tasting asparagus dish. Although it wasn't exactly the healthiest of recipes, it tasted good. I don't have any photo's but I put four pieces of bacon on the bottom of a skillet, put the washed and trimmed asparagus on top with some garlic, pepper, and sea salt on top. I drizzled some olive oil over the asparagus and covered it. I let it cook down until the asparagus was soft, ( I like it better that way). When it was finished I placed the asparagus in a casserole dish and chopped the bacon in small pieces and sprinkled across the top, added a little salt and pepper and enjoyed.

I had also purchased some leeks from the market and I made Potato and Leek soup with those. I was so good and nourishing. The only thing I will do differently next time is to puree the whole thing and eat it as a cream soup. It had such a soothing taste to it. I will definitely be having that again.

Today I am cooking some Banana Walnut Bread. I had some bananas going bad and hated to throw them away, (that is my excuse anyway!). So I found a recipe that includes crushed pineapples. I can smell it in the oven now. I am going to enjoy a little and freeze the rest until Saturday when Lauren gets here. She loves banana nut bread. That way, I don't trash my diet by eating the whole loaf today!

It is a rainy, lazy day today. I don't feel much like doing anything. I haven't done much all day.

I am still loving Curves. I injured my ankle and knee on my right side last week, and didn't go Thursday or Friday. I went back Saturday and they are closed Sunday. I didn't go yesterday because my ankle was swollen some and hurting. I guess I won't go this week, because I need my foot and knee to be okay by the weekend because we will be doing a lot of walking on our trip. Although I hate to miss this week I would rather be safe than sorry. I don't want to go to DC and NYC and not be able to enjoy the trip.

Well that is about all that is happening in my little world today. There are a few other odds and ends but nothing I want to write about anyway.

Thought For Today
A vacation is like love - anticipated with pleasure,
experienced with discomfort
and remembered with nostalgia
~unknown~
A vacation trip is one-third pleasure, fondly remembered, and two-thirds aggravation, entirely forgotten.
~Robert Brault~
Vacation: a period of travel and relaxation when you take twice the
clothes and half the money you need.
~Unknown~
It is good to have an end to journey toward, but it is the journey that matters in the end
~Ursula K. LeGuin~
Travel makes one modest, you see what a tiny place you
occupy in the world.
~Gustave Flaubert~

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails