Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Singing Butler, Mt Rainer and Seattle

Some of you may have noticed the painting on my side bar of the couple dancing. It is called The Singing Butler and it is done by Jack Vettriano. I really love his paintings. They aren't anything complicated, just the simplicity of the subject matter and the simple lines and bold colors he uses is what attracts me.

From the first time I say one of his painting, I fell for his work. This summer when Andrew and I went to Seattle on our anniversary trip, we drove out to the Pacific ocean and stayed a night there. The room we stayed in had a print of The Singing Butler over the couch. I took this photo of it.



While Christmas shopping this year I ran across a framed print of this photo at Kirkland's. They had it on clearance and I couldn't pass it up! So I bought it and put it over our bed. Now when I walk into my bedroom and see the photo my mind always goes back to the wonderful time Andrew and I had on our trip to Seattle and it makes me want to go back.

Of course with the move coming soon, it may be a while before we get the chance to take a trip back to Seattle, but we do plan to go back.

Here is how it looks over my bed.





Here are a couple more photo's from our trip.



There was nothing more beautiful than looking out the airplane window and seeing this! It was incredible! Awe inspiring! But it still wasn't as awesome as the first glimpse I got of it from Seattle. For the first couple of days we were there it was cloudy and we couldn't see Mt Rainer. But one day, the clouds parted and there it was...wow! It was amazing! When I see a photo of Mt Rainer I gasp and remember that first time I saw it with my own eyes...it took my breath and my heart!
Here you can see it rising through the cloud line, but this doesn't capture the awe of it. It literally almost stopped my heart for a moment, I had to catch my breath and just stand there taking in the majesty of it. I know that sounds honky, but it is so true. People who can wake up and see this on a daily or weekly basis, they are lucky people. It reminds me of the majesty of God, that He spoke this into existence...WOW!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails