Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Historic Day for America



Today America is experiencing an historic event...

We are swearing in a President. That is my take on the events of the day. It is a wonderful event that we can witness. The peaceful transfer of power from one elected president to another. Although I didn't vote for Obama, he will be the president of the United States of America.
Yes, I am concerned about the "changes" that will come. I am concerned for the direction this country is taking. It is no secret that I am Conservative in my thoughts and beliefs. For this I DO NOT apologize or back down...

I am concerned for the future that my kids will face with a country that is so different and I fear will continue to move in the liberal direction until we become a very Godless country. But...

The Bible says that God raises them up and he brings them down. This is all in God's plan to bring about the prophecies of the Bible. Because no matter who is president I have no doubt and no fear Jesus is still King and still on the thrown. HE is still in control and my faith is not to be in the government, or in the economy, but my faith is to be in God...
So as I watch the events of the day, I do it as a free American who enjoys the process of our democracy. I am glad to still live in a country that is free, I still enjoy the freedom of worship and the freedom to choose where I live, what I do and how I live. I celebrate today as a part of our freedom. I pray that God's mercy will continue to extend to our country that we may continue to enjoy the freedoms we do now. But even if we don't, my God will continue to be my source of peace, strength and power. I have nothing to fear, for God is with me.

When I read in the Bible of the things that God's people endured because of their beliefs. When I read the reports of people in our time, in other countries that suffer at the hand of the oppressors because of their belief and their faith in the ONE true God, I am humbled and feel inadequate to stand beside them before God, knowing that I have suffered nothing for HIS name sake.

My hope is that we won't have to suffer because of our faith, that God will return and take us home to live eternally with Him before we have to face such things. No one wants to think of suffering or the thought that our children would suffer, but we know that it happens, and it could happen in our time.

But in spite of those things, God is still God. He is still in control, and as long as we live for Him, put our faith in Him, and obey His word, He will keep us in the palm of His hand. We are to fear not what the enemy can do to our bodies, but fear what the enemy could do to our souls. A time like no other, we need to pray for God's faith to be strong in us, so that if we become weary we will not faint, but be strengthened by Him.


GOD BLESS AMERICA

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails