Thursday, October 23, 2008

Spiritual Food

While visiting the library a couple of weeks ago, a book was accidently checked out and put with our books. When we got home we discovered it. Turns out it was a Beth Moore book. I have read of Beth Moore, and heard others talk about reading her books but I have never read one. So I thought that maybe it wasn't really an accident and maybe there was something in it that I needed to read.

The book is, A Woman and Her God. In the first chapter she talks about the void that God created in each of us, in order for us to seek Him to fill that void. I have always heard it referred to as a God-shaped void, that nothing else would fill. I have known people who seek in the wrong places to fill that void, only to become addicted to drugs, alcohol, sex and other things which do not fill their void. People have ruined their lives along with the other people in their lives, seeking after the wrong things. If only they realized that only God would fill that void. If you allow God to fill the void, then you would not be seeking in the wrong places, because you would be complete in Him. Then He would bring into your life the things that would compliment you and it would be good things to give you an abundant life.



Beth Moore quotes the scripture Isaiah 44:20






He feedeth on ashes: a deceived heart hath turned him aside,


that he cannot deliver his soul, nor say, Is there not a lie in my right hand?








She talks about the "lie" being anything that we hold to for our strength, of comfort or to fulfill us. Other examples she uses is food, alcohol, drugs, money, or work. She says that our cravings will help us see what "lies" we are holding onto.






While reading this scripture in the KJV of the bible, I saw a reference scripture for the word lie.




So I looked it up and it was Romans 1:25










Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.




The next scripture says:






For this cause God gave the up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:








The scripture continues on in this vein and it got me to thinking about what is going on in our world today. The evil that resides here. The world has become an evil place, if you doubt, just listen to the evening news or read the newspaper. That is all the evidence I need to tell me that the world has tried to fill that God-shaped void with things other than God. And as He states in Romans 1:28, God gave them over to a reprobate mind. They are believing the lie, and will be damned.





Open my eyes Lord, don't let me believe a lie, help me to see the lies in my own life. Help me to rid my life of the things that are not of you. Things that I may be using to try to fill the void that only you can fill. Keep my eyes wide open in the spirit, so that I won't be fooled or mislead by my own lusts or desires. Keep my heart and eyes set on you and on TRUTH! I don't want to lose this precious truth of your word.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails