Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Tuesday's Adventures

Well, yesterday was Tuesday and you know what that means. Adventure...
Well, it doesn't always mean adventure, but yesterday we were up for an adventure so the kids and I jumped into our awaiting carriage...
Or what we like to call, "Our new toy" the fun mobile.

Away we went...We went to the Rock...


Little Rock, that is...

We went to the downtown Little Rock Farmer's Market




Since I have to work on Saturday's, I only get to go to the Tuesday's Market. But I suspect that Saturday is the day to go...

I had planned to take a photo of my favorite vendor, but got sidetracked by the fruits and veggies. Next time I will ask him if I can photograph him and his stand. It is actually back near the red truck you see here. I guess I am a bit partial to him because he goes to our church. But he also has great produce. And he goes out of his way to have the wonderful fig preserves that I love so much.



Then we walked into the River Market because the girls were thirsty and wanted a drink. We got there just after the lunch crowd, so there were a few vacant spots to sit.


They have recently redone the inside with new lights, decor and seating.
It was then that I spotted the two vacant vending spots on the right of the photo below. There are actually three, but one had a sign on it that something was just about to open there. It has been a long held dream of mine to have a small lunch style eatery. Or even a small family restaurant. Yes, I know, I am crazy, but this fueled my dreams...What if I could get one of those spots and open a lunch counter! The red one has a stove already in it. So it is ready...
But, for now, that is just a dream of mine, I don't really think that I could meet the demands of something like that right now. So, I will tuck that dream back inside my dream box and pull it out another time...


After leaving the market, we took a long drive in the jeep while Noah slept and we enjoyed the sunshine.

So all in all, the day was fairly adventurous; for a Tuesday; at the Rock that is...


1 comment:

Sharon Tomlinson said...

What a wonderful Farmers' Market. Makes me want some fresh berries or something.
You paid me a visit recently and I am so slow to get around but thanks for coming and saying so. Now I have to leave because those chocolate things lower down on this page is going to make me relapse.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails