Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Spring...could it be?

The sun is shining so nice this morning. Three mornings in a row we have enjoyed the bright sunlight coming in though the windows. My ficus' plants are loving it. They are waiting with anticipation for spring so they can once again take their post on either end of the front porch. But for now, they are bathing in the sunlight streaming in through the dining room windows.

Yesterday was a nice warm day, but not to warm. There was a gentle breeze blowing and the sunshine was warm on my back as Noah and I played in the backyard. I pushed him on his swing, we tossed toys for the dogs to retrieve, and we enjoyed a nice long, lively game of kickball. When it was time to come in and start supper, Noah was red faced and tired. Needless to say, he slept very well last night. In fact, he didn't wake up until nearly 8:00, which is late for him.

We are suppose to have another awesome day, weather wise. I had toyed with the idea of making another trip to Wilmington today, but decided to save that for another time. I wanted to give it just another week or so. Although it was a year ago this week that we were there at Carolina Beach and it was a great day.

I have to make my run to the grocery store today to restock my diminished supply. I really don't like going to Walmart, I am sure I have expressed my dislike of the place a time or two, but it is one of those necessary evils, I suppose. In some areas of the country anyway.

Andrew and I have started working out together in the afternoons when he comes in from work. I am trying to go to Curves in the morning and be ready to workout in the garage when he comes in. I have been a little sore for a few days, but I can tell it is getting better. Hopefully before long we can actually get out and run together. When the time changes and there is more daylight in the evenings that will make a world of difference. We've been slower at getting started than I had hoped. I am thinking of buying a treadmill, for times when the weather isn't cooperating...and it will make it easier for me to run on days when it isn't possible for him to go. I really don't want to run by myself. Maybe I am just paranoid, but I don't want to be a target for someone looking for trouble. According to the papers around here, there are a lot of people who seem to find trouble. I suppose it has always been that way near military bases. It is almost ironic how they seem to be more unsafe than other areas of the country. Anyway, the treadmill is something that I think would be a good investment for me.

I have reluctantly been looking around at "new" vehicles. Old Blue has been a good one, and I don't want to think about getting rid of it. I especially don't want to think about having a car note again after so long. But I suppose that is the necessary evil of traveling around like we do. If I lived in one place and didn't have to be on the highways like I do, I would keep Blue till her wheels fell off. Unfortunately I don't know how many more long trips she will make without us possibly having trouble. And when it is just the kids and I on the road to no where, I don't want to risk having trouble. So I have been looking...I am hoping to work it out that we will have a large down payment so that we only have to finance a small portion and get it paid off quickly. I am considering a Ford Edge. I haven't driven one yet, but I like what I have seen. I am looking for an '08 model with low mileage. I don't want to buy new, in my opinion it is foolish to buy new off the showroom floor. You lose entirely to much equity in a new one the moment it rolls off of the lot. I have had great success in buying two year old vehicles and think that is definitely the way to go for me. I am taking my time in this decision though, not being to quick about it. I am waiting for the right one...I am trusting the Lord to direct me so that I will know it is right. It has always worked for me in the past and I know this one won't be any different.

Noah and I are planting today. We have a seed starter kit with some herb seeds that we are going to get started. I really want to start a garden but I am waiting on Andrew to build my raised beds for me. We are holding off to find out if we were going to be here for another job or if we will be leaving after this one is done. We should find out this month if they got the other contract here. Until then, the herbs can be grown in pots on the deck and can be taken with us if we go...

Well, I haven't posted in over a week, so I needed to write something. Nothing exciting or thought provoking, just daily updates on life. My writing slump continues...perhaps when the sun is high in the sky and I have been able to enjoy it more, maybe then my SAD will have gone and I can enjoy the great outdoors again...maybe then my muse will have returned and I can write more engagingly. Until then, this is all there is...


Today's Quotes
If you don't know where your going, any road will get you there.
~Lewis Carroll~
Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you could lose.
~Tom Krause~
Excellence is not a singular act, but a habit. You are what you repeatedly do.
~Shaquille O'Neal~
Obstacles are things a person sees when he take his eyes off of his goal.
~E. Joseph Crossman~

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails