Saturday, March 13, 2010

An Easy Saturday

This has been a very good week. It seemed to just fly by. I did very well with my exercise plan. I made it to Curves three days and worked out at home five days. Andrew and I worked out in the evenings after he got home from work. I was worn out by bed time, but it was a good tired feeling. I slept very well most of the week, except for the two nights when Noah woke me.

Today Andrew and I had a lunch date. The last time I chose where we ate; Sushi Court. Today he chose; Buffalo Wild Wings. It was a challenge to find something fairly healthy on the menu, but we ended up getting the Naked tenders and I had a side salad to go with it. Basically it was chicken breast tenderloins grilled with garlic and some other seasoning with our choice of sauce on the side. It was okay, but there were large screen televisions on every square inch of wall space. So the noise level was uncomfortable to say the least. But other than that, we had a great time.

After eating we drove to Dick's and I finally broke down and bought a pair of running shoes. I didn't get my first choice, they were $125. That was well above what I am willing to part with for a pair of running shoes, since I am not sure how this whole running thing is going to work out. So I opted for the same brand in a different model. I got the Asics Gel 1150. They are the lilac color instead of the turquoise that I wanted but that was the only color in the size I needed. They were a little more than I wanted to spend but I figured the longer I waited the longer it would be before I could actually start running. The shoes were my last excuse.


After going to Dick's, Andrew bought a new sand wedge, somehow his got lost. I think he is planning to go golfing again in the morning and try it out. Then of course we finished our "date" out by going to Walmart and buying a few groceries.

All in all it was a great day. After coming home we all have just lazed around and relaxed. Getting ready for the hour we are going to lose tonight when we set our clocks forward...

Well not much else to report. I am reading The Coal Tattoo by Silas House. I am enjoying it so far. I am about half way through. After that I have another one by him, A Parchment of Leaves.

I am also pouring over all of my Runner's World magazines trying to learn all I can before I attempt this new endeavour. I just got the latest one in the mail yesterday.





Quotes

Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.
~Japanese Proverb~


You have a choice, throw in the towel or you can use it to wipe the sweat off of your face.
~Gatorade~



2 comments:

cd said...

Were you able to evaluate how you run on a machine so that they could recommend a running shoe specifically for you? Many of the specialty running stores can do that for you and it really makes a difference in the shoe selection. Believe it or not I used to run quite a bit and the shoe makes all the difference....and you don't realize it until you get the right shoe for you. I like Asics but a friend at work who had always run in Nike tested out for Saucony. Short story - bought some and loved them.

dlynthomas said...

We don't have a specialty shoe store here. So no, I didn't. But I am going to attempt to start running and if I keep at, the next pair I buy I will go to Raleigh or some place with a speciality store and spend a little more money. I looked at the Saucony, but had read good reviews about the Asics and when I tried them on, they felt good, so I went with them. Not knowing if it was something I would seriously stick to, I decided to be conserative with my purchase. I felt these were the best for the money.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails