Saturday, March 27, 2010

A Beautiful Saturday

This photo was taken in Seattle at Pikes Place Market

Today has been a great Saturday! The sun was shining all day, although it stayed a bit cooler than I like. Noah got outside and played for a long time. Andrew had to work until noon, then he came home and built the gate for the dog yard.



The girls just took it easy most of the day and I caught up on a ton of laundry that had piled up because I was gone Thursday and Friday all day. Thursday the kids and I spent the day in Raleigh doing some much needed shopping. We went looking for Easter clothes, but ended up getting a few summer things also. It was mostly the girls that did shopping, Noah is not fond of shopping and I spent most of the day trying to keep him satisfied so they could shop.



Friday I got up early and went to Cross Creek Mall here in Fayetteville to find Noah an Easter outfit. I ended up getting him almost an entire wardrobe for summer. I got just about all he will need until winter for less than $250. So other than a few little items, he is set. I just wish it were that simple and that cheap to dress the girls!



Andrew is flying out to Montgomery tomorrow until Tuesday. He has to be there for some type for meeting on Monday. I will drive him to the airport and run back to the church for most of the service tomorrow morning. The airport isn't very far from our church so I shouldn't miss to much of the service. I will miss him. I hate him being gone even for a couple of days.



I went for my first walk/run today. I mapped out a two mile path in our neighborhood and set out. I walked most of it, but at least I did run some. And I ran longer than I have run in the past. It is a start, a small step, but a journey of a thousand miles starts with the first step. I feel pretty good right about now. I eventually hope to work up to running the entire thing, but that will be a while before I get there. I must walk before I run...one step at a time...trying to keep the end goal in mind but keeping my mind on the day to day progress. I plan to take it easy getting started. I definitely don't want an injury to side track my progress. So I would rather take my time, take it slowly, than push to hard in the beginning and cause myself an injury that could delay my goals even longer.



Well, I have a chicken on the grill and I need to get up and cook something to go with it. Need to make some plans for the coming week. I really need to go grocery shopping but I am trying to put it off as long as possible. However, I don't think I will make it past Monday before we will be out of all of the essentials. I am already out of oatmeal, so I don't know what I will have for breakfast for the next couple of days.



Leaving you with a few quotes to encourage you on your own path...



Today's Thoughts


When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on so long in the first place

~unknown~


Instead of giving myself reasons why I can't, I give myself reasons why I can!

~unknown~


If one dream should fall and break into a thousand pieces, never be afraid to pick one of those pieces up and begin again

~Flavia Weedn~


A bend in the road is not the end of the road unless you fail to make the turn

~unknown~


Begin somewhere; you cannot build a reputation on what you intend to do

~Liz Smith~


It's not the load that breaks you down, it's the way you carry it

~Lena Horne~

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails