Thursday, November 5, 2009

New Mercy--My Portion-My Provision


"Lamentations 3:22-24 (King James Version)
22 It is of the LORD's mercies that we are not consumed, because
his compassions fail not.
23 They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.
24 The LORD is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him."

As I awoke this morning, this scripture kept rolling around in my head. Each time I read it, I became more and more aware that God's mercy is new for me each and every morning. That He is faithful and He is my portion. He is my source of---of everything...spiritual, physical, emotional, material...He alone is my source. He is my portion and because of that my cup is full and running over. I have no other need aside from Him and His provision.

When you really grasp that concept and accept it, well, it is very liberating--freeing to know that the God of glory, the one that created EVERYTHING, is my provider--of EVERYTHING! There is nothing that I have need of that He alone cannot supply...

WOW! So why do I worry, why do I fret...Because my God, my portion, my provision, has NEVER failed me, nor will He EVER fail me!
He knows what I have need of even before I have the need...He holds my life, my future all in the palm of His very capable hands...And before I even know what to ask Him for, He, the all knowing, loving God, already has made the way, already has the answer...

He truly is my portion, my provision...and He is faithful...I am very humbled that He would be so mindful of me...

For this I am so very thankful.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails