Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving--peace

{peaceful life by alvinokey}
(Once again the photo really had little to do with the post. I found it on the internet and I thought it seemed very peacful.)

Today I am thankful for God's many blessings in my life. He has been so very good to me. Andrew and Lauren made it in around 1:00 am. Everyone is snoozing away catching up on sleep. I am up at usual time sitting at my desk looking down onto the street. It is very foggy this morning, I can hardly see the houses up the way.

I love the quiet and peacefulness of the early morning when I sit alone in my creative space. It is my time to renew myself. I can sit here and pray, read the word, just think, surf the web, write, or work on my latest project. Sometimes I listen to music, but sometimes I just listen to silence.

This morning being Thanksgiving, I am thankful for the peace that God has given me in my life. I am thankful for the calm in my spirit, knowing that He is my Everything...In Him I can rest and know that He is looking out for me and taking care of my need. I know that He cares for the little things in my life as well as the big things. And no matter what I am facing, I can be assured that He will work it out for good.
We aren't having a traditional Thanksgiving day meal. We just want to do easy and relaxing for the day. So I have some sliced turkey for sandwiches along with salad and some light dips and salsa. I did buy some Stacy's pita chips to go with the dip. They are suppose to be a little better for you than regular chips. And because Andrew asked for some, I am doing piggy's in a blanket. We decided since they had traveled all day yesterday and were worn out from the moving, we would just take it slow and easy with no particular agenda for the day. Just a day together as a family, laughing and enjoying each others company. Making memories, as my mom always says.
I hope each of you feels as blessed and peaceful as I do on this beautiful day that God created. I will definitely rejoice and be glad in it.

May each of you have a peaceful and blessed Thanksgiving day. Enjoy the little blessings in your life, knowing that every good and perfect gift is from God above. Today is the day to express to Him thanksgiving and to show the people in your life just how much you love and appreciate them. God bless you all!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails