Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Happy Birthday My Sweet Child


Happy Birthday to my first born daughter! Twenty years ago today I was lying in a hospital bed in Alexandria, Louisiana getting ready to become a mom for the first time. I was so excited, but a little afraid. I didn't know if I would do a good job, or if I would know how to be a mom. But through the years, with the help of God, I managed. There were times when I didn't know if I was making the right parenting decisions, and most of the time I was flying by the seat of my pants, (skirt). But God was always there nudging me along on this journey...

You were my little angel girl, and you helped me through so many things. I can't imagine where I would be today if God hadn't blessed me with you and started me on this journey that I have been on for the last twenty years.

I am so very proud of the young woman that you have become. I know that you will find your way in life and if you continue to put God first, you will find that life you desire...

The last few months have been difficult, having to be so far away from you...but I understand as I understood on the day you were born, that you were a gift from God, loaned to me, for me to care for until you could care for yourself. I only hope that I taught you what you needed to know to be on your own...at least I know that I gave you love. I did the best I could to be a Godly example before you and took you to the house of God so that you could develop your own relationship with Him. In the end, giving you love and raising you in church are the two most important things I could have done for you...

I know I made mistakes, parents always do, but I tried to learn from them and readjust my parenting so that I didn't continue to make those mistakes. I hope that you will forgive my short comings and my ignorance's and remember the good times and all the love that we tried to express to you. I wanted so much more for you than I was able to offer at times, but years from now, it won't be things that we will look back on, but times...times spent together and the feeling of family that we created...

I know that there are things you wish would have been different...I know you wished we could have been stable and lived in one place while you grew up...I am sorry that didn't happen. But we did what we thought was best to provide a better way of life for you, Megan, and Noah...But you have to admit that we had some experiences that those who stayed in one place their whole lives never got to enjoy.

I just wanted you to know how much I love you! How proud I am of you and how much I pray for you. I want nothing but the best for you in your life...I wish I could do more...but sometime, in the long run, you will have gained more from having to be creative than from being handed it all on a silver platter...Although I don't think you have ever done without the necessities.

May you have the blessings of God on your life and put Him first, always! Do what you know is right, and follow your heart...but remember God gave you a good mind, so use it!

Happy Birthday Sweetheart! May God keep you in His hands and bless you always!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails