Monday, July 13, 2009

Random thoughts...

You know it is a shame I don't live in Georgia... Since we were talking about it and all...(Huh?)

There are so many great songs written about the place...

Must be some ancient calling from my ancestral past drawing me in...

The story goes like this; my Paw Paw Holaway was carried all the way from Atlanta, Georgia, behind a horse and buggy to Louisiana, (why Louisiana, like it was so much better there.)

He was a new born baby and the wagon was to bumpy for him to ride in...it's a major ordeal to drive from Georgia to Louisiana with a baby, can you imagine having to walk and carry a baby that far? And you know they didn't have disposable diapers back then, or baby wipes for that matter! eeewww!
Who decides to pick up camp and move across the wilderness when their wife just delivered a baby anyway? Just like a man!

...anyway...the reality is I have no desire to live in Georgia. No offense to those of you who do live there, it just isn't a place I care to live. Not saying I won't ever live there because you know how the river of life flows...

In that vein, I have downloaded a couple of my favorites songs about Georgia, because of that ancestral thing and all...

Hope you enjoy this little musical tribute to Georgia...







Singing about Georgia: dreaming about Seattle...



















No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails