Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Time for a rant...

Yesterday I did something that at one time in my life would have been unthinkable...



Something that would have embarrassed my girls, had they been with me.



Noah was with me, but at three, didn't realize that there was cause for embarrassment....




I took Noah for his three year checkup and while I was in that area, decided to go to a new Walmart near there.




I had clipped some coupons and printed some from the computer...





I did my shopping, took my half-filled buggy to the check-out


I got in line, put my items on the conveyer belt...



After having all my items scanned, I handed her my coupons...


She pulled out the clipped ones and returned the ones printed from the internet...


She said they weren't allowed to take them..



I asked to speak with someone about it...


A CSM walked over and I told her the situation, she looked at the coupons and said that they couldn't take them because people had been faking coupons...


So I asked to speak with a manager....


I waited...


and


Waited...


Finally a manager of some sorts walked up and asked what the problem was...


I explained the situation and that I use them in other stores and she said that she couldn't take them...


So I reached in the buggy, where my groceries were neatly placed in my reusable bags, and I began taking the groceries out of the bags...


I put them back into the buggy and said to the cashier and manager that I would leave the groceries in the buggy. If they couldn't take the coupons, I would shop in a store that would.


I told them that Kroger takes the coupons, so they would get my business from now on...


I took my bags and my purse, I picked up Noah and walked out!!!


I will NOT spend any more of my hard earned money in that store!!



I took Megan the her orthodontics appointment yesterday evening, and afterward went to the Walmart where I usually shop...



When I walked in, I asked the CSM if they took coupons printed from the internet. She said as long as they scan properly they will take them...



I picked up the items I needed, and took them to the register



Without any question, the cashier scanned my coupons and gave me my total.



I paid, thanked her and walked out, feeling much better about my Walmart shopping experience...



Kroger and that Walmart store will get my money from now on!!


I think more people should have the courage to stand up against things that aren't right. Vote with your money. Spend your money where you are treated with respect. A place that will remember the old adage in retail:


"The customer is always right"


I am giving them my money, so in return they must be willing to make things easier for me as a consumer. Gone are the days of thinking that they are doing us a favor...


We are the reason they are in business, and there are many places to chose from. Some places have gotten to big for their own good, and think they don't have to please the consumer any more.



But I am going to spend my money where I am treated well and not talked to and treated like I am a criminal that is trying to rip them off...


I am sure they have people like that, but I am not one of them, and don't feel I should be punished because there are a few moral deficient people in this world.


Okay, enough rant for today!



When I dare to be powerful, to use my strength in the service of my vision, then it becomes less and less important
whether I am afraid. ~

Audre Lorde~

The truth is that our finest moments are most likely to occur when we are feeling deeply uncomfortable, unhappy, or unfulfilled. For it is only in such moments, propelled by our discomfort, that we are likely to
step out of our ruts and start searching for different
ways or truer answers.

~M. Scott Peck~

Don't be too timid and squeamish about your actions.
All life is an experiment
~Ralph Waldo Emerson~

What you do speaks so loudly that I cannot
hear what you say.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm....when we said you had some good music we were not including the Randy Newman! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails