Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Thinking of my Mawmaw

I have been thinking about my grandma and really missing her lately. She passed away on June 27th of this year. My almost 2 year old is playing with two wooden spoons with long handles and he stuck one in each of his pants pockets. Which brought back a memory of my "mawmaw". She use to sing a little song to me and then to my kids... it went like this:
Have you ever been a fishin' on a bright sunny day
Have you ever seen the fishes just swim and play.
With your hands in your pockets
and your pockets on your pants
have you ever seen the fishes
do the hoochie koochie dance!
I don't know the origin of the song, and have never seen or heard it anywhere else. None of my other cousins even remember her singing the song. If anyone has ever heard it before and knows the origin of it, please let me know. Maybe it was just something she made up, but I don't think so. I wish so much I had asked her where it came from. But like so many things, you think of when it is too late.
Just wanted to share that with everyone.
An extra one that I thought was interesting:

1 comment:

megan_cheyenne said...

Hey moma I love you sooo much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails