Thursday, April 23, 2009

A Doctor, a Banker and Me

Sounds like the beginning of a bad joke...

But it really was my day.

The doctors appointment that I had for a little, uh...proceedure...well I got there and found out that the doctor had been called out to the hospital for an emergency surgery. So I had to reschedule my appointment. So now I have a whole week for the stress and worry to ruminate and build...

Before the doctor, actually on the way to the doctor, I stopped to get a small drink so I could take some pain medicine before the actual procedure. Would you believe my debit card was almost confiscated! The other day I went to town and found a skirt that I wanted to buy. Such a rare event but true, anyway, I got to the register and my debit card wouldn't work. It wasn't declined, it just would do anything. The machine just kept saying attempting approval, or something along those lines. So I had to use another debit card. Today the girl at the window went over and talked to another lady, the manager, with my card and they both looked at me and then came to the window and I asked if there was a problem. She said that it was telling them to keep the card!! What? Well if I hadn't had a problem in Chicago this past summer I would have freaked out. This past summer we were traveling and they put a fraud alert on my card and I couldn't use it until I contacted my bank and the fraud protection department. So I figured since it was an out of state bank and I was spending in another state, well...

So I presented my debit card on an account in state and it had the same name on it so the very nice lady let me have my other card back.

Immediately I called Andrew to call the bank to get it straightened out. Cause, I NEED my debit card...

In a little while I find out that my procedure has been cancelled and I have to wait another week to have it done. Then I find out that some account numbers were stolen or something and all those debit cards were cancelled on the 20th, after everyone had been sent new cards...

The only problem is, you guessed it, I didn't get a new card because we moved and it didn't get sent to our new address. If it can go wrong, it will, and usually at the most inopportune time.

Oh well, such is life and it could be so much worse. I am not at all blind to this fact. This little melodrama that played out today for me is NO BIG DEAL. I know in the scheme of things, it was nothing but a little distraction from a usually ordinary, dull, boring day...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails