Friday, March 13, 2009

A little rant about hotels...

I just have to say...

What is it with hotels and there ratio of towels and washcloths per room? You check into a room meant for four; two adults, two children. You go to the bathroom and they have three towels and three washcloths. What is up with that? I don't understand, is there a shortage of hotel washcloths? Can they not buy more? I know for a fact that at Wal Mart you can buy a pack of like 20 washcloths for $5.00. But I am in a $130 hotel room and they can't provide enough washcloths.

I don't mind using the same towel twice and I really don't mind reusing a washcloth. But I refuse to use the same washcloth to wash my face when I get up in the morning that I used the night before in the shower. I just won't go there. Maybe I am strange, that is a given. Maybe I am a little phobic, I'll admit it. And I am quite sure that the other members of my family will agree, I don't like to share a washcloth...

So again, I ask, why three, how do they figure that ratio? If there is such a shortage of washcloths why don't we cut up a few of those five hand towels that they don't mind giving you. How many hand towels does four people really need for an over night stay? Five? I don't think so...I have even used a hand towel before as a face cloth, it gets messy, but it sure beats the idea of having to use a used washcloth that someone else left balled up in the corner of the shower...yuck! That is just disgusting.

Hey, look there is a Wal-Mart right across the street. I think I'll run over and grab a couple of those 20-packs of washcloths to keep in the car for the next trip. Maybe I'll show them to the clerk downstairs, just in case the hotel wants to get some...Maybe they don't know you don't have to order them special from hotel suppliers...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails