Friday, October 12, 2007

Arkansas State Fair Time

I am in a real funk today. I don't know what it is, maybe hormones, who knows these days. But for some reason I just couldn't get going today. It is 3:30 in the afternoon and I am still in my pj's. I don't know what happened today. I folded a couple loads of laundry, did some dishes, made the bed, but not much else. I did manage to feed the kiddo's and the pups, but don't ask for much more than that. Tomorrow is work day for me, so I just decided to go with the funk and relax today. I will however, have to get up in a few minutes and start supper. I think it will be crawfish fettuccine with alfredo sauce and a veggie. That is fairly easy to throw together.
A week from today, my surgery will be over and nothing left but the crying. Hopefully the pain won't be to bad. I figured that I carried and delivered three children, surely I can deal with this. It isn't like they are pulling a watermelon through my nose or anything. We shall see...I will post before, during, and after photos for those of you who can handle it.
Fall, maybe here... This is the Arkansas State Fair time. I am not sure when we will try to go. But I do want to go at least to see the exhibits. I want to see the livestock; especially the goats; and I enjoy the arts and crafts. Tuesday Megan, Noah and I went to the farmers market and we met a lady there with goat milk soap. I bought the lemongrass and honey soap. I love the smell of it! Anyway, she is going to be at the fair with demonstrations of her soap making. So I would like to see that. She invited us out to see her at her home and she would show us how to make it. I just might take her up on that. I have wanted to make goat milk soap for so long. Anyway, she is at http://www.arkansassoapcompany.com/ if you want to stop in and buy some soap. Her name is Kelli, tell her that Deidre' sent you. And if you are interested in the Arkansas State Fair follow this link.

I have been thinking about people that are very special to me and have made a lasting impression in my life. I was thinking of doing something to honor them. So starting in a couple of weeks, I am going to take a few moments to pay honor to one each week. So stay tuned for future developments in this new endeavor.
Thought for Today
The miracle is this – the more we share, the more we have.
- Leonard Nimoy

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails